This homemade pumpkin pie recipe is a flaky crust with a smooth and creamy pumpkin filling, all baked to perfection. Pumpkin pie is a classic dessert during the fall months, and this version is the best I’ve ever had!
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 1 hour
Total Time1 hour 15 minutes
- 1 pie crust for a 9 inch pan, homemade or store bought
- 1 15 ounce can pumpkin puree
- 3/4 cup brown sugar packed
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg (freshly grated is best)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream
- whipped cream for serving optional
- Place the pie crust in a 9 inch pie pan. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place the pumpkin puree in a food processor along with the brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and cloves. Pulse to combine.
- Add eggs 1 at a time, pulsing after each addition. Gradually add the cream in a thin stream, processing just until blended. Process 5 seconds longer.
- Pour the filling into the crust. Place the pie on a sheet pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then reduce the oven temperature to 350 degrees F.
- Bake the pie for an additional 40-50 minutes or until center is just set and a toothpick inserted into the filling comes out clean.
- Cool the pie on a rack. Cut into slices and top with whipped cream if desired, or refrigerate the pie for later use.