Looking for a simple midweek meal? Try this super succulent steak, tomato and olive salad. It’s quick, easy and full of flavour
- sirloin steak 2, trimmed of any fat
- smoked paprika 1 tsp
- olive oil
- small red onion 1/2, sliced into half moons
- baby plum tomatoes 200g, halved
- black olives 10, pitted and halved
- flat-leaf parsley a small bunch, roughly chopped
- red wine vinegar 1 tbsp
- crusty bread
- STEP 1Rub the steaks on both sides with half the paprika and 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- STEP 2Season and sear in a hot pan for 2 minutes each side.
- STEP 3Rest for 5 minutes before slicing into strips.
- STEP 4Toss the onion, tomato, olives, parsley, remaining paprika and 1 tbsp olive oil, vinegar and some seasoning.
- STEP 5Mix well and toss through the steaks. Serve with crusty bread, if you like.