This chicken tray bake with lemon, olives and orzo is a great midweek meal for all the family. It’s super simple, and low in calories .
- red onion 1, cut into wedges
- whole chicken thighs 12
- lemon 1, cut into 6 wedges
- white wine or chicken stock 200ml
- orzo 300g
- flat-leaf parsley a small bunch, chopped
- nocellara olives 24, pitted and quartered
- STEP 1 Heat the oven to 190C/fan 170C/gas 5.
- STEP 2 Put the red onion in the bottom of a roasting tin. Season, then sit the chicken thighs on top.
- STEP 3 Squeeze over the lemon wedges and then tuck them in around the chicken. Pour around the wine or stock.
- STEP 4 Season the chicken skin then put in the oven and roast for 45-55 minutes, until really crisp and deep golden.
- STEP 5 Meanwhile, cook the orzo in boiling salted water until tender, then drain.
- STEP 6 Take the tin out of the oven, remove the chicken and keep warm under foil.
- STEP 7 Tip the orzo into the tin and stir into the onions and juices.
- STEP 8 Add in the parsley and olives and stir again.
- STEP 9 Serve the chicken tray bake with the orzo.