- extra virgin olive oil
- new potatoes 1 kg, sliced in half lengthways
- shallots 3, diced
- garlic cloves 2, finely chopped
- lime 1, juiced
- coriander a small bunch, roughly chopped
- STEP 1 Heat 3 tbsp oil in a large pan. Add the potatoes and season with salt. Stir-fry for 5 minutes, coating the potatoes in oil. Add shallots, garlic and fry for a few more minutes until the shallots have softened.
- STEP 2 Add 350ml water, cover the pan and cook on a low heat, stirring occasionally until the water has been absorbed and the potatoes have cooked, adding the lime juice halfway through (if all the water hasn’t evaporated remove the lid and boil hard for a few minutes). Take off the heat, add the coriander and a good drizzle of olive oil and stir well before serving.