A simple take on classic French fish soup bouillabaisse, this dish combines seafood and fish with a heady saffron-infused broth.
Metric Cups Imperial
- 200 g mixed frozen seafood (such as calamari, mussels and prawns)
- 0.2 tsp saffron
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 bay leaves
- 227 g tin of chopped tomatoes
- 500 g fish stock
- 100 g cod fillet, skinned and cubed
- Cuisine: British
- Recipe Type: Soup
- Difficulty: Easy
- Preparation Time: 5 mins
- Cooking Time: 10 mins
- Serves: 2
- Heat the oil in a medium-sized pan and cook the onion for 5 minutes until soft. Add the garlic, bay leaves and saffron and cook for 1 minute. Stir in the tomatoes and fish stock.
- Bring to the boil and add the cod with the seafood. Simmer gently for 5–10 minutes until the prawns have turned pink, and the seafood and fish are cooked through.
- Check seasoning and discard the bay leaves. Serve garnished with chopped parsley.